As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing
King Koopa
Re:New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing 12 Years, 6 Months ago
AikiGhost wrote:
heckadecimal wrote:
Really children, it just takes a little time playing with it. It's pretty fucking smart how it's set up. Can we get past this yet?
I also still think having only 4 parts per bank is a bit odd.

Well, it is ODD. Regardless of what some people here say.

16 Parts per bank (Each pattern having it's own flexible part) would kick 4 parts per bank in the
nuts.
Even people who are content with 4 parts per bank couldn't complain if they got 16 parts instead.

btw:
You don't need to create a new bank, just switch to it, and create a pattern in it.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing 12 Years, 6 Months ago
SecretMusic wrote:
What I've been doing with chains recently, is stacking them. I'll chain 64 drum samples on 1 track in Pro Tools, and on a second track, chain 64 "ambience hits", and maybe a third track with 64 little vocal hits. Load the chain in a static, and go to town with slices

Now add LFO to slice
Admin
AikiGhost wrote:
I mean seriously I've had it for 3 days now and I still cant figure out how to create a new bank. The manual says how to select a bank (which will let me select already created banks) but not how to create a fresh one.

Tame your frustration, there's A LOT to learn

You don't create banks, there are 16 of them built in and you just have to select.
Chain Chomp
Nils wrote:
SecretMusic wrote:
What I've been doing with chains recently, is stacking them. I'll chain 64 drum samples on 1 track in Pro Tools, and on a second track, chain 64 "ambience hits", and maybe a third track with 64 little vocal hits. Load the chain in a static, and go to town with slices

Now add LFO to slice

And use the hold trig method to get usable results.
I just learned that from the lfo video tutorial and I am thrilled. I think I can get by without lfo starting with the sequencer.
I had the same problem when I got the mono. I thought it was the manual or the machine maybe the bugs. In the end these machines will do exacly as you ask. Whether you know want you want or not. The whole hierachy method (I admit) was frustrating. But I trust the Elektron team. They will make these machines do the things I never knew I wanted. I don't even notice the order of sets, pattens, ect anymore I just make music. I still have some issues with the OT, but they are my issues. Like I said my Mono was a problem when I first got it.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
Nils wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:
I mean seriously I've had it for 3 days now and I still cant figure out how to create a new bank. The manual says how to select a bank (which will let me select already created banks) but not how to create a fresh one.

You don't create banks, there are 16 of them built in and you just have to select.

Ok then I think I have an issue with my octatrack because what is written in the manual simply doest work on my machine, I'm on os version 1.03
Chain Chomp
AikiGhost wrote:
Nils wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

Ok then I think I have an issue with my octatrack because what is written in the manual simply doest work on my machine, I'm on os version 1.03

Check your manual version. Download the latest version from their site.
Probably you are looking at an older version.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
kraftf wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:
Nils wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

From latest manual:

"As soon as [BANK] is pressed a prompt saying “CHOOSE BANK” will appear. Available
banks are indicated by green LEDs.
A red LED indicates the currently
active bank. As soon as a bank is selected the prompt will change to “CHOOSE PATTERN”.
Pressing a [TRIG] key now will select a pattern located in the selected bank. Available
patterns are indicated by green LEDs. A red LED indicates the
currently active pattern. This method of pattern selection allows for quick changes of the
active bank and pattern. If you don’t wish to select a pattern, just release the button combination after the “CHOOSE PATTERN” prompt appears."

I note that the manual says Available banks are indicated by green LEDs. and when I press the bank button only the bank A trig is lit green. Am I missing something obvious?
King Koopa
AikiGhost wrote:
kraftf wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:
Nils wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

From latest manual:

"As soon as [BANK] is pressed a prompt saying “CHOOSE BANK” will appear. Available
banks are indicated by green LEDs.
A red LED indicates the currently
active bank. As soon as a bank is selected the prompt will change to “CHOOSE PATTERN”.
Pressing a [TRIG] key now will select a pattern located in the selected bank. Available
patterns are indicated by green LEDs. A red LED indicates the
currently active pattern. This method of pattern selection allows for quick changes of the
active bank and pattern. If you don’t wish to select a pattern, just release the button combination after the “CHOOSE PATTERN” prompt appears."

I note that the manual says Available banks are indicated by green LEDs. and when I press the bank button only the bank A trig is lit green. Am I missing something obvious?

AVAILABLE is kind of a bad wording. It just means, that patterns were already created in those banks, so they are not empty.
It's kind of an indicator when you are playing live for instance, where your stuff is lying around, so you don't have to search around. Same with patterns. It just shows you patterns where you have changed something as existing (green light on LED).

That doesn't mean that those patterns and banks don't exist where you don't get a green light from the Octatrack.

They are all there, already existing.

They are just empty.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
Steril707 wrote:
AVAILABLE is kind of a bad wording. It just means, that patterns were already created in those banks, so they are not empty.
It's kind of an indicator when you are playing live for instance, where your stuff is lying around, so you don't have to search around. Same with patterns. It just shows you patterns where you have changed something as existing (green light on LED).

That doesn't mean that those patterns and banks don't exist where you don't get a green light from the Octatrack.

They are all there, already existing.

They are just empty.

Ok so that's really weird then because my OCTA will not let me select anything outside bank A. Maybe its and issue with my CF card or the project file?

I think I'll ty starting a completely new project and see if that makes any difference.
Go to top Post Reply